- It is now March 3rd and the Edmonton Oilers are legit. They currently sit 2nd in the Pacific division, 9th in the entire N.H.L. and 10pts up on a playoff spot! I can’t even believe those are real numbers but they are and I for one am thrilled!!! I can’t imagine the last time the Oilers had numbers like those. It’s incredible the growth this team has shown in one season!
- The N.H.L. trade deadline has come and gone and the Oilers actually added to their team! Depth centreman David Desharnais was brought in to help solidify the centre ice position. Sure he has had a rough season and is small but he still makes the team better. His last three seasons he has 29 in 65, 48 in 82 and 52 in 79 for a 0.57 points per game average. Worst case is the Oilers added a depth centre who can move up and down the line up as needed and should be able to help out on the second powerplay unit.
- Losing Brandon Davidson isn’t that big a deal in all reality even though some Oilers fans want to believe it. Sure he looked good last season but that is not saying much as the Oilers backend was an A.H.L. corpse. Of course he looked good if you consider who the other 5 defencemen were. Now that the team has an actual defence Davidson was a 7-8 guy on the team. He wasn’t going to play ahead of Klefbom, Sekera or Nurse so they decided to move him. I wish him luck but it won’t effect the Oilers moving forward one bit.
- Are we done with the Hall for Larsson trade yet? Larsson plays tough minutes and is second in plus/minus on the team at +18 and first is some guy named McDavid. Larsson has been exellent and he is only getting better! This trade looks better and better by the day and it’s time for the Hall fans to get over it.
- The Oilers really need to improve their penalty kill. Other than that the team is playing well and primed for success in the playoffs. They have solid goaltending, an N.H.L. defence and all the tools up front. Their powerplay is good as well. If they can fix their PK look out!!!
- Why can’t the Oilers win 4 games in 7? They have done it all year so why can’t they keep up that pace? I believe!!!
- Wouldn’t it be great to see an Oilers vs Flames playoff series??? It would be fantastic and I really hope it happens!!!
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by Brody McIntyre (see all)
- Edmonton Oilers 2017-2018 predictions - October 4, 2017
- Oilers go Duck Hunting in Anaheim - April 26, 2017
- Random Oilers thoughts for Tuesday April 25th, 2017 - April 25, 2017